Michael J. Bauer
Mike has been with Hopp Neumann Humke LLP since 1985 and a partner since 1989. Mike focuses his practice on real estate purchase and sales and development, business acquisitions and sales. Mike has a significant municipal law practice representing counties, cities, villages and towns as general counsel or as special counsel concerning zoning, land use, water and sewer utilities, as well as property tax and assessment matters.
“Clients need and deserve clear and concise advice from their lawyer.”
Mike has more than thirty years of experience advising elected and appointed municipal officials, as well as individuals and small business owners that have a variety of projects. Municipal law involves unique rules and considerations that are not present in private sector transactions. Mike enjoys helping clients understand municipal procedure and implementing strategies for successful developments that are beneficial to both municipal and private sector clients alike. Mike stresses communication and client input as critical to effective and successful representation of his clients.
RECENT CLIENT WORK
- Assisted local government with land use, planning and development of a 99-acre mixed use development with over 600 residential units, 100,000 square feet of commercial space, a 90 room extended stay hotel and a public 3 acre recreational area.
- Assisted local government with land use, planning, and development of the Aurora Medical Center of Sheboygan County.
- Assisted local governments with tax incremental district formations and developments.
- B.A., Government, Beloit College
- J.D., Marquette University Law School
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- U.S. Eastern District Court of Wisconsin
- U.S. Western District Court of Wisconsin